As Heard on The Stephanie Miller Show

SodaStream USA No Batteries Banner 4

Monday, July 18, 2011

Update: It could have been worse



Information on how to help upcoming.






But last night I was thinking about what happened a fews house ago, having my life taken away from me and essentially starting over again.






There are people who are amazed that I am in such good spirits.






Make no mistake, I am still highly pissed that this has happened to me again and that I have to go to the well one more time. Let's face it, it does not make me look good.






But it could have been worse. I could have been Leiby Kletzky.






Leiby WAS a cute 8-year old boy who had the misfortune of being killed and dismembered a few days ago. The man who is suspected in this murder is being examined for mental capacity.






Imagine, not knowing what it will ever be to be 9 is bad enough...but dismembered?






Or I could be Raha Abdi Nor. This young mother lives in Mogadishu, in the middle of a Somali war, the result of which is a crippling famine. This woman has to watch her 4 young children waste away to literally skin and bones because of lack of food.






And there are many people I could have been yesterday. All truly suffering, all truly desparate. Many of them dead or close to dying. Crap happens every day. My crap was losing the stuff that symbolized my life.






The fact that I am typing this proves I got off easy.






......................................................






Now then, here is where I stand. I washed pretty much everything, which means I only have the clothes on my back and that's. It gets cold at the casa, so I also will need a blanket or two.






I did borrow a charger so I do have LIMITED phone access. I also will be getting my unemployment check next week. So I have lowered the target to about $200. That should take care of things.






There are two ways you can help. The Chip in at the right. you don't have to send much, but $20 or $30 will do. OR you can click the Amazon Wish list button to the right...it has pretty much all the things that were taken and you can choose one or two to help out.






If you can't do either, a few good prayers would be welcome.






Again, thanks.

No comments: