As Heard on The Stephanie Miller Show

SodaStream USA No Batteries Banner 4

Friday, May 27, 2011

A challenge to my followers for Memorial Day



This is for all of my followers in Facebook, Twitter, Yahoo, and LinkedIn. You know who you are.







I have often wondered what would happen if we could not check off our charitable contributions off our income taxes.

People would stop giving, you dummy.

Of course. The problem is, we'd reveal how uncharitable we are. As Rainn Wilson's new book, "SoulPancake" reads, "Perhaps real generosity is actually the act of ANONYMOUS giving." So with that, I'd like to do a little experiment that I found in the book.

First, do not make me the target of this. I'd appreciate it, but that is not the point. Also do it only if you can, but if you have at least 10 of these, you can probably spare one.

The experiment is called REVERSE PICKPOCKET:



  1. Pull out the biggest bill in your wallet (unless it is earmarked for a bill or emergency)

  2. Stash the cash in an envelope labled "YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED BY A POLYBI REVERSE PICKPOCKET!"

  3. Slip the loot into the bag of a stranger. If you are feeling bold, aim for the back pocket.

  4. Don't get caught. Might get awkward.

Then what I want you to do is report your findings here. I'd like to know how it went. You can do that anytime this Memorial Day weekend.


Of coourse, if I get no response, I guess that means no one reads me (no big whoop), or it tells me how giving you are.


Exactly.


http://www.soulpancake.com/



No comments: