There have been a lot of "manifestos" floating around the internet lately. Lot or arguments and snarkiness based not on fact but on one's imagined point of view.
To be honest I have tried to put out what I know is the truth. But very few people listened. Or understood.
So I may be stepping down my efforts on line...just posting the occasional link. To be honest I cannot "debate" based on hatred. I can only go by what I see.
But before I go, I think, once and for all, I should be clear on what I believe. I must warn you, some of what is in my head may be troublesome for you. If, though, you look at it all with a open mind and clarity, you will see that I do have a point.
I'm not holding my breath on that, though.
- Barack Obama is not the greatest President we have ever had. But he is not the worst either.
- Sarah Palin is smarter than most of you. So is Rachel Maddow.
- We are broke. Yet no one, Democrat or Republican, has the balls to do what needs to be done. What needs to be done would be an instant death wish. And I am not talking politically. (Correction: There was the sequester. We seemed to have survived that. Which was my point...)
- You are broke. You have a responsibility to build your wealth, and do it in the next 5 years. Stop running from that, embrace it. And for those who think as I do on most things, remember the one thing a conservative fears is a RICH liberal. Got it?
- Jimmy Kimmel is overrated. Craig Ferguson is underrated. Craig's announcer was Fred R. Rated.
- All drugs should be legal. All of them. You're just responsibile for what you do when you are loaded.
- If you are a sane responsibile citizen, you should be able to own a gun, provided you take the responsibility of using one. By the way, owning a Sherman tank does not indicate you are a responsibile citizen.
- Scott Walker is a fucking moron. On most issues, so is Michael Moore.
- Most music sucks. When the last decent song recorded in this country is called "Fuck You," its time to pack it in.
- "Heroes" should never have been cancelled. "The Cape" should never have been greenlighted. SwanQueen should happen. Period.
- Jan Brewer is a cow.
- Most, if not all, of our taboos on sex are about to go out the window. That includes...well, THAT. And THAT. and even THAT! Probably because we are more perverted than we realize. Don't believe me? How long have YOU been counting the days until Dakota Fanning turn 18? Or staring at those twins making out with each other on that porno you've been pounding by.
- If we MUST have laws outlawaing some couplings, what is good for the goose is good for the gander. For instance, if some teacher and her student are caught in the backseat doing the horizontal bop, with the student's best friend videotaping the action (true story), the kid has forever given up the right to be called a "victim." Also, if both parties consent, both go to jail.
- On the other hand, if you for force anyone to have sex, regardless of age, You. Go. To. Jail. For. The. Rest. Of. Your. Fucking. Life.
- If a person uses thier Pomeranian the same way they use a Hitachi, just remember some of the other things we force our furries to do: like this (http://youtu.be/f-zFp0VSxcE) ...and this (http://youtu.be/-dWmq5591MQ) ....and THIS (http://youtu.be/Tkmg4FmeAtM) And no...the dog didn't "consent" to THAT, either.
- The average life expectancy in CANADA is 81. The average life expectancy in the USA is 78. Hmmmm...wonder why.
- Everyone gets their news from either the AP or Reuters. Everyone. That includes Fox, MSNBC, and Alex Jones. So much for the coporate news media.
- How do you end homelessness? Give them a home. Next question...
- Lana Parrilla is the most beautiful woman in the world.
- For the last fucking time, The President was born in HAWAII, not KENYA. See www.snopes.com. However, maybe what we need are more Presidents born in Kenya.
- 9/11 WAS an inside job.
- AA IS a cult. So are both political parties.
- The entire congregation of the Westboro Baptist Church should never have been born.
- And finally, all people are humans. No matter what their faith or politics, they eat cereal, love sunshine, marvel at rain, go to the bathroom(!), love too much, cry too much, curse at their team a bit too much, love thier familes (some more than most...and that's alright too!), and eventually die. And if you are going to die, if the sum of your life is just being left alone, then you are already dead. Just remember, left or right, most political stuff is bullshit anyway. The REAL stuff is the little things you don't notice. LIVE YOUR LIFE.