As Heard on The Stephanie Miller Show

SodaStream USA No Batteries Banner 4

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Maybe we should just say freedom of expression never existed

From FatNeck (Donald Wildmon of the American Family ASSociation, for all you newbies):


Tell radio stations to drop music demeaning race, degrading women


Roberts Broadcasting Company has already banned their radio stations from playing all music degrading women and others in communities where they air hip-hop music. Ask others to do likewise.


Dear Donald,


After the Don Imus episode in which Imus, a radio host, was fired for referring to the Rutgers women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy-headed hos," at least one broadcaster has decided his company is going to do the right thing.


"I am announcing, effective immediately, that music degrading women and other members of our community will no longer be played" on his stations, said Michael V. Roberts Sr., CEO of Roberts Broadcasting Company.


Rather than simply censoring vulgar words in songs, "We're going to ban them altogether, which is a hard move for a hip-hop station. If it's offensive in any way toward women, toward African Americans, it's not going to be played" on his stations, Roberts said.


Meanwhile, all the major stations continue to play offensive music. While issuing platitudes about how they are acting very responsibly in selecting what is aired on their stations, they keep airing trash because money is more important to them than our children and a decent society. It is nothing more than a hypocritical stand by these companies.


To read Roberts Broadcasting Company's internal memo on the decision, click here.


Sincerely,



Donald E. Wildmon, Founder and Chairman

American Family Association


(edited)


I am at a point in all this where I am just ready to say chuck it all. I mean, if everybody is willing to give up thier right to make a decision about what offends them or not, maybe I should too. Maybe I should join the rest of the morons and say, ok...Donald Wildmon and Al Sharpton and Fox News and Air America and all these little groups should do my thinking for me and and I should spend the rest of my days saying yessir/nosir and follow the script and not rock the boat because, God damn it, NOBODY ELSE F*CKIN' WILL!!!!!


I mean, what is it going to take? Someone taking away your blog or The View being cancelled or yor talk station starting to play oldies or F'king American I-DULL 5 days a week for you to get the f'king message??? YOUR RIGHT TO THINK is beingtaken away from you.....if you think at all. And you sit on your asses and DO NOTHING????


There are days when the dear of death, the greatest fear I have, is the only thing keeping me from ending it all, because this castrated world I am forced to exist in is one I cannot live in.


As if any of you care.






No comments: